Image via Wikipedia
Joint Annual Conference of the Research Committee on Sociology of Law (RCSL) of International Sociological Association (ISA) and the Central University of Himachal Pradesh.
I welcome all the participants and delegates to the International Conference on 'Sociology of Law' being organized at Dharamshala under the Joint aegis of the Central University of Himachal Pradesh (CUHP) and the Research Committee on Sociology of Law (RCSL) of International Sociological Association (ISA) during 10-12th September. With a galaxy of academicians and practitioners slated to participate in the event, it would indeed be an academically exciting and rewarding moment in the history of our nascent University. Barely a year old in the active academic existence, it is a matter of great pride for us that an academic conclave of this magnitude is being held here.
Devoted to a theme that has continued to engage attention of the intelligentsia since evolution of society, I am sure that this conference will raise issues related to PEACE, JUSTICE and DEVELOPMENT in a very profound and substantive manner. Although there has been an antiquity in the evolution of Law, Peace, Development and Justice in the evolution of society, a series of culminating events, particularly the end of World War II and End of Colonisation in twentieth century have shaped the current trend of Legal construction of Peace, Justice and Development, since the beginning of the forties of Twentieth century. Since then, the academia and practitioners of Civil Society, besides the national and international organisations, have played key role in giving a shape to the theme. Thus, in those days of Twentieth century, multiple forms of violent conflicts or political ideologies, wars and invasions and colonisation and solutions for therein requiring practical application had a legal density with, the legal dimensions as Public and International Law which replaced social norms of every day life of men and matter.
I send my best wishes and warm welcome to all the delegates of this conference and I am confident that the Organising Team of our University as a host will leave no stone unturned to make this grand event a success and would leave cherished memories for future.
Instructions for Submission of Abstracts
1. Abstracts should be submitted on the prescribed 'Abstract Format' as given below, one original and one photocopy.
2. Abstracts has to be accompanied by ISS Adhoc Group on Sociology of Law Membership fee of Rs. 200 for two years (Rs. 400 for 5 years) to the Academic Sessions Organizer-Dr. Rashmi Jain at the time of Conference.
3. Only Abstracts of those who register for the Conference before July 31, 2011 will be included in the Book of Abstracts.
4. Abstracts without the membership fee and not in the prescribed format are not acceptable.
Instructions for preparation of abstracts:
1. Main author (presenter) must register for the conference and must present the paper himself/herself.
2. Deadline: July 31, 2011
3. Language: English
4. Length Between 300 and 500 words;
5. Use single space
6. Use only Times New Roman or Arial font of 12-point type size.
7. The title should not exceed 20 words.
8. Authors, list authors in the following order: presenting author first followed by other authors in single continuous lines. Initials, name and surname. Omit titles and degrees.
9. Institution: Give the institution of the main author only with full address, as briefly as possible, in brackets immediately after his/her name.
10. The text Abstract must be informative and specific. The content should contain 5 paragraphs, Preamble, Objectives, Methods, Findings, and Conclusions.
11. Submission: The original and a copy should be submitted to the Academic Sessions Organizer-Dr. Rashmi Jain before July 31,2011.
NOTE: Abstracts may be preferably sent as attachment to e-mail (Academic Sessions Organizer-Dr. Rashmi Jain firstname.lastname@example.org) on Microsoft Word in Type Times New Roman or Arial font of 12 point size in A4 and a hard Copy by Post. Use the format or Abstract Form)
For further Details click here
Associate Professor , KIIT Law School,
Coordinator BCI Moot Court Competition
Coordinator Intellectual Property Law (Hons) Programme
Campus-16,KIIT University, PATIA, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, 751024.
Website: www.technolexindia.co <http://www.technolexindia.co.cc>m,
Blog: http://tabrezahmad.technolexindia.com http://iplexindia.blogspot.com
Research Papers: http://ssrn.com/author=1189281
Mobile: +91 9438303042