Image via Wikipedia
You are invited to submit abstracts for the 17th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference "Moving Toward a Sustainable Future: Opportunities and Challenges."
This Web site will be ready to take submissions on November 22, 2010.
The meeting will take place from May 8 to May 10, 2011, at the Earth Institute, Columbia University, in New York, USA.
Please read the instructions below before you submit an abstract.
- The best student paper will receive the BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD.
- After submitting you will receive a letter confirming receipt via e-mail.
- Letters requesting submission of an extended abstract will be sent by January 14, 2010.
- The final program will be available in late March of 2011.
- Your submission can be accepted either as an oral presentation or as a poster. Decisions on accepted format will be sent by February 1, 2011.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- All abstracts must be submitted online in the English language through the conference Web site. The instructions must be followed carefully. Failure to comply with submission guidelines is likely to result in your application being declined.
- Abstracts may not be longer than 1000 words.
- A team of peers, selected by the scientific committee, will review the abstracts.
- The abstract should be prepared as follows:
- Font: Arial, 10 point.
- Only standard abbreviations may be used in the text. The first time that an abbreviation is used, first the full word or phrase must be mentioned, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- Numbers should be used except at the beginning of a sentence, when a number should be spelled out.
- THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS IS: DECEMBER 15, 2010, 23.00 EST.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED LATER THAN DECEMBER 15, 2010, 23.00 EST CANNOT BE CONSIDERED FOR PEER REVIEW.
- When submitting an abstract, you must submit it under the topic that you feel is most apropriate. ONLY SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT ONCE, UNDER A SINGLE TOPIC, even if you feel it covers many topics. If the theme leaders feel your abstract fits better under another topic, they will move your abstract and notify you. The list of topics can be found under the About tab.
- Abstracts will be peer-reviewed on their ability to clearly present:
- Purpose of the paper (relevance in light of the scope of the conference and of the track and research question)
- Applied design/methodology/approach
- Quality of the empirical findings
- Originality and added value of the research
- Relevancy to one of the conference themes
All presenters (oral, poster) must register and pay the conference fee for the 17th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference.
Poster Preparation Guidelines
Poster guidelines will be posted after February 1, 2011.
For Further details click here