The Franklin Pierce Law Center and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will be holding the 12th Comprehensive PCT Seminar on April 23-24, 2010 in Concord, NH. The two-day seminar will provide participants with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the PCT, and will address the following topics:
• Introduction to the PCT system;
• Basics of the PCT;
• Filing International applications by U.S. applicants;
• The International Bureau as a Receiving Office -- by choice or by circumstance;
• Signature requirements, agents, common representatives and withdrawals;
• Claiming priority and furnishing of priority documents;
• International search and written opinion of the ISA;
• Recent and upcoming changes;
• International publication;
• Filing a Demand for International Preliminary Examination;
• International Preliminary Examination;
• Correcting defects;
• Amending the International application and filing informal comments;
• Entry Into the National Phase;
• U.S. National Phase entry requirements;
• The PCT from a user's perspective; and
• Where to get help.
A detailed program for seminar can be obtained here.The registration fee for the seminar is $100 (students), $400 (Pierce Law alumni), or $450 (non-students). Those interested in registering for the seminar can do so here.
Associate Professor of Law, KIIT Law School
KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India, 751024.
Blog: http://tabrezahmad.technolexindia.com http://iplexindia.blogspot.com
Research Papers: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=1189281